Our Problems, Your Solutions
As part of Venturefest’s Innovation Summit, Y Lab, Wales’ first Public Services Innovation Lab, a partnership between Cardiff University and Nesta, will be running a fast-paced workshop focused on developing new solutions to some of the challenges faced by public services across Wales.
Using some of the tools and processes developed through our Digital Innovators Network, we hope to bring together public and private sector organisations to better define the challenge, understand the benefits of user research and start the process of idea generation.
These are the live challenges that will be discussed during the Innovation Summit and will be championed by representatives from a range of organisations, giving you a chance to ask questions, share ideas and work together. We encourage public sector organisations to suggest their own challenges on the day and would also encourage any businesses attending to come prepared with any insight or ideas for how we might consider or solve these challenges.
1) How do we make it easier and more environmentally friendly to travel around:
- a) Wales;
- b) Rural Wales;
- c) Welsh Cities
Championed by Kate Williams of Monmouthshire County Council.
2) How do you bring access to city leisure services to rural communities for eg the elderly, the young?
Championed by Dawn Sadler Organisational Learning Developer at Monmouthshire County Council.
3) How can we use open data to improve public services in Wales in eg health, education, transport?
Championed by James Gardiner – Data Developer on the Arloesiadur project, developing an innovation analytics platform for Welsh Government.
4) Public sector procurement – What innovation is needed to make sure that Wales only buys what’s best for Wales?
Championed by Greg Green – Head of R&D Projects in Department for Economy, Science and Transport.
5) How can we enable the next generation of businesses to grow in environmentally sustainable ways?
Championed by Gareth Jones – CEO of Welsh ICE, a collaborative workspace to support new startups and help them grow.
6) What is your highest priority challenge?
Championed by you! We openly welcome you to suggest your own challenges to work on during the session.
1) Sut rydym yn ei gwneud hi’n haws ac yn fwy ecogyfeillgar i deithio o amgylch
b) Cefn gwlad Cymru
c) Dinasoedd Cymru
2) Sut allwch chi ei gwneud hi’n haws i gymunedau gwledig fanteisio ar wasanaethau hamdden mewn dinasoedd ee rhai ar gyfer pobl hŷn, pobl ifanc
3) Sut allwn ni ddefnyddio data agored er mwyn gwella gwasanaethau cyhoeddus yng Nghymru ym maes ee iechyd, addysg, trafnidiaeth?
4) Caffael o fewn y sector cyhoeddus – Pa flaengaredd sydd ei angen er mwyn sicrhau nad yw Cymru ond yn prynu’r hyn sydd orau i Gymru?
5) Sut allwn ni alluogi’r genhedlaeth nesaf o fusnesau i dyfu mewn ffyrdd cynaliadwy er budd yr amgylchedd?
6) Pa her sydd â’r flaenoriaeth fwyaf?